Apple explains security concepts
Apple explains his security concepts behind iOS in a 33 page long white paper.
• System security: The integrated and secure software and hardware that are the platform for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
• Encryption and data protection: The architecture and design that protect user data if the device is lost or stolen, or if an unauthorized person attempts to use or modify it.
• App security: The systems that enable apps to run securely and without compromis- ing platform integrity.
• Network security: Industry-standard networking protocols that provide secure authentication and encryption of data in transmission.
• Internet services: Apple’s network-based infrastructure for messaging, syncing, and backup.
• Device controls: Methods that prevent unauthorized use of the device and enable it to be remotely wiped if lost or stolen.
Security White Paper (PDF)